#TheReadingQuest Sign Up Post + TBR

by - Monday, July 31, 2017


Hi friends!

Today I’m going to be sharing with you my TBR for #TheReadingQuest, a reading challenge hosted by one of my favourite bloggers and a friend Antee @ Read At Midnight! This read-a-thon runs from 13th of August to 10 of September!

You can find out everything you need to know about the read-a-thon here! Also, the stunning graphics used in this post were created by Antee, once again, and the drawings were created by the wonderful CW @ Read, Think, Ponder. (Also huge thank you to Glaiza @ Paper Wanderer for making my character ID card because I suck at photoshop SO BAD)

I absolutely suck at TBRs and read-a-thons stress me out a lot a lot but I wanted to try this out because it seemed fun and I wanted to motivate myself to read. The likely chance is by the end of the read-a-thon I will have changed the book I am reading for the challenges practically a billion times so this is a very rough indication of what I may read during that time.



I’m going to picking the MAGE out of the four characters. Here is the board:



1. A book with a one word title. For this I am choosing ALLEGEDLY by Tiffany D Jackson which I’d bought at the start of the year and have yet to read oops. It’s about a lady who has been accused of killing a child and I’ve heard it’s very thrilling and exciting. It’s also by an author of colour and was recommended by Angie Thomas, author of New York Times Bestseller THE HATE U GIVE so it’s one that I am very excited to read! 

2. A book that contains magic. For this I am choosing any book from THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS by Cassandra Clare because I have no idea what one I’ll be up to at this point but they all have magic in them thanks to my favourite Magnus Bane, the High Warlock of Brooklyn so that’s exciting. 

3. A book based on mythology. I’m not 100% set on this one yet and it could change but I want to read FIRE BOY by Sami Shah which sounds super cool and I’ve heard fantastic things about. It’s also not too long meaning it’s perfect for read-a-thons! 

4. A book set in a different world. I’m planning to read EMPRESS OF A THOUSAND SKIES by Rhoda Belleza which is a sci-fi and set on different planets so I’m sure that counts! Plus, it’s got a fantastic diverse cast of main characters and written by an author of colour so I am P U M P E D!

5. First book in the series. I want to read THE GIRL FROM EVERYWHERE by Heidi Heilig for this one because I’ve heard such amazing things about it but every time I go to read it, I keep putting it off but I really want to finally get to this and hopefully this readathon gives me the push I need! 


Now to the EXTRA challenges Antee has designed! I don’t know if I’ll be able to read all the books in here but fingers crossed and once again, this is a very tentative TBR! 

Potions – a book concocted by two or more authors. For this one I am going to go with either GEMINA by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman, a #loveozya sci-fi told in a super cool multi-media format or THE SHADOWHUNTERS CODEX by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis 

Time warp – a book set in the past or in the future: I think I’m going to read CINDER by Marissa Meyer for this because I’ve been meaning to read it for a while and it’s set in futuristic Beijing

Expansion – read companion novel or short story: I may read either the BEGIN END BEGIN: #LOVEOZYA ANTHOLOGY edited by Danielle Binks or FINDING CINDERELLA by Colleen Hoover I shall have to decide depending on my mood 

Mini game – read a graphic novel, poem collection or novella. For this I’m going to be reading SAGA by Brian K Vaughan which is a graphic novel. I am super excited to read this because I have heard nothing but rave reviews for it

Animal companion – book referencing an animal in the title: I am planning to read WE ARE THE ANTS by Shaun David Hutchinson which I’ve had on my TBR for two months now but I always keep putting off reading it

Respawn – read a book you previously DNFed: And for this I choose STILL LIFE WITH TORNADO by A.S King which I got about 30 pages through before I decided to put it down last month. But I did want to get back to it so hopefully I do soon

Grind – read a book with 500+ pages: For this, I think I’m going to read GEMINA by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman unless I find another book with over 500 pages that I am interested in reading soon. I was considering THE NAME OF THE WIND by Patrick Rothfuss but I’m not quite sure yet

Multiplayer – buddy read a book: I’m going to be buddy reading THE BEAR AND THE NIGHTINGALE by Katherine Arden for this one with Steph @ Igniting Pages and I’m super excited because the cover is so pretty and I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about it! 

Open world – read any book of your choice: I’m not sure yet for this but we shall see!

So that is my TBR! I am pretty sure I’ll be able to get through the MAGE’s portion of the read-a-thon but I’m not sure how many extra challenges I’ll be able to do or how many points I’ll gain by the end but all in all, I’m super excited to read some books on my TBR. 

I’ll be sharing my progress on Twitter and you can follow me there to chat and see how I’m doing!  


Are you participating in this read-a-thon? What character class are you doing? And do you like to participate in read-a-thons? Let me know below!

You May Also Like

16 happy thoughts

  1. Good luck with the read-a-thon, Anisha! I'm also doing the mage character class :D you are going to be BLOWN. AWAY. by Gemina -- I'm so excited for you to read it! Did you participate in last year's Pokémon Go read-a-thon as well? It was so so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO SO EXCITED TO READ GEMINA NOW! And no I didn't, I think I only got into book blogging around that time so I may have missed it oops

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the read-a-thon. I typically suck at reading challenges but I love the set up for this one. Unfortunately my mood reading tendencies are all over the place these days and I fail at completing any tbr pile haha. I hope you enjoy the books you've chosen for the challenge. I'm hoping I can cross Gemina off my tbr list soon as well.

    - Lois @ My Midnight Musing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it, I am exactly the same Lois! And fingers crossed I get around to reading it :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not participating in this readathon, because I'm going to be away for most of August. I don't do many readathons, but this one does look pretty cool, so I get why you're into it! Gemina is lots of fun, so hopefully you get a chance to read that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES OMG the other two comments were both about Gemina too so I think that's something I HAVE to get around to reading now! xD

      Delete
  4. Oooooh, yes, TMI is awesome, and Magnus is the best! I recommend Gemina, you HAVE to read it, but you may want to hold off for a bit since the sequel only comes out in MARCH :(. The Shadowhunter's Codex is really good too, especially the little scribbles from our fav characters in the margins. Good luck with the readathon!

    Here's my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I'LL CHECK IT OUT! And yeah I know, it's so sad and a very long time to wait :(

      Delete
    2. I wish authors would just publish all the books in the series at once so we can be protected from this agony </3

      Delete
    3. RIGHT?? That needs to happen XD

      Delete
  5. Go Team Mage! ;) Your TBR sounds amazing, all books I'd love to read myself and also, yay for The Mortal Instruments! I don't usually do reading challenges because I'm too much of a mood reader, but I couldn't say no to this one because it just sounded too amazing to miss :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnus is my favourite character from the Shadowhunters series too! <3 And I've heard such good things about Empress of a Thousand Skies. I hope you'll enjoy it and I'm looking forward to seeing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your TBR! I can't wait to read TBATN with you! I'm participating as a mage as well, and I love participating in readathons but I also suck at them ahaha

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment below! And feel free to leave your website URL so I can come visit!