October TBR

by - Saturday, October 01, 2016

October TBR | sprinkledpages

Hey lovelies!

Today I’m going to be chatting about my October to be read (TBR)! I can’t believe it’s October, honestly. I know I say this every time, but it really shocks me that the start of the month is here because it feels like just yesterday I was doing my September TBR!

I have quite a few books on my TBR list but I have tried to keep it as realistic as possible because I have a lot of stuff going on this month. These books may change, however, this is a general idea of what I’d like to read! I have also tried to keep this post as short as possible because there are a ton of books on here and I’d hate to bore you with details!

These books are in no particular order!

Let’s just get started!


{ 1. MISS PEREGRINE’S HOME FOR PECULAR CHILDREN by Ransom Riggs }

The movie of this book has already been released as you may know and I’m pretty excited to go see it. But before seeing it, I’d like to have read the book so I can make a comparison between the book movie and because I hate going to movie adaptations without having read the book for some reason! I’ve heard it’s an awesome book so I am pretty excited!

This is also a perfect book for this month because Halloween + spooky reads = OCTOBER!


{ 2. ILLUMINAE by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman }

I have heard such good things about this book I am so freaking excited! I absolutely cannot wait to read it because I’ve heard it’s told through different mediums (media?? Not sure) such as chats, blogs, files etc and it’s set in outer space! I haven’t read a sci-fi in so long and I can’t say I’m the hugest fan but this one sounds amazing!

Also, I am going to be attending the Gemina launch in Melbourne and I would love to have read this book before! (Which I will have, by the time!)

Fun story! I got my copy of Illuminae at a library sale, which I’ve never been to before but I saw it today when I was in the library and it was selling for 50c so I snagged it quickly!! *heart eye emoji* 

It was such a win!

October TBR | sprinkledpages

{ 3. SILVER IN THE BLOOD by Jessica Day George }

The cover for this is gorgeous! Can I just put it out there? Okay, thank you! This was sent to me by Bloomsbury and when I saw it, I was flipping excited! The book seems insanely cool and while I haven’t heard any buzz about it from the book community, I’m excited to give it a shot because the cover is GORG and the story sounds amazing! Plus, I’ve been wanting to read a historical fiction book for a really long time but I’ve never known where to start!


{ 4. REPLICA by Lauren Oliver }

This one is another ARC sent to me by Hatchett and I was so thrilled when I saw it because I love Lauren Oliver! I’ve read *cough* devoured *cough* all her books and this book was so unique and cool and I absolutely had to have it! I love the whole concept of two stories that relate to each other and how you could read from any side!

It’s also absolutely gorgeous, which I know shouldn’t affect anything but, just putting it out there.

October TBR | sprinkledpages

{ 5. THE RAVEN CYCLE by Maggie Stiefvater }

I have read the first book in the Raven Cycle which is The Raven Boys, which I initially didn’t like but grew to enjoy towards the end and I am planning to read the other three books in the series this month. This is another, insanely popular series I would love to read very soon because I’ve heard such fantastic things about it!

It was on my previous TBR too (oops!) but I didn’t have a chance to read it last month so I shall read it this month then! (Hopefully!)


Wow, so that was my October TBR! I got some big plans for this month, with seven books to read, which I hope I am able to finish. I have made it less than last month’s TBR which was absolutely huge and unrealistic so I hope this one is better!


What’s on your to be read this month? Any of these books?

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts

Leave me a comment below! And feel free to leave your website URL so I can come visit!